Fabrication

3 posters

Go down

Fabrication Empty Re: Fabrication

Post by Dylan Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:58 pm

Welcome to Fabrication: The Game That's Full of It.

This is a game of lies, deceit, slander and guess-work. You will work in teams to write mini stories that will include certain predetermined phrases and the other teams will have to guess which phrase was the chosen one.

This game is creative writing-heavy. It will be useful to you and your team if you use "correct" grammar and punctuation, although this is not a requirement.

HOW IT WORKS:
There will be three rounds. For each round, one team will be designated the 'writing team'. This team will write six sentences per team member that make up a little story. I will give this team a list of six specific phrases to choose from, two of which will be 'zingers', which are worth more tickets (see scoring below). You will then have to deliberate in your team Skype chat which of these phrases you want to include in your story; you will choose one of these. Then you will decide who will be responsible for weaving this sentence into their six sentences and relay this information back to me. Only after I have given you the OK can you start writing your story.

When I have approved of your decisions as to who will take which sentence, the writing team will take it in turns to write six sentences, passing them on to the next person to continue the story on. Please do not discuss beforehand what sort of story you would like to write as it will be more fun trying to adapt your team's story as it goes. Once everyone in the team has written six sentences each to form your short story, you will send this to me and I will post it on the forum.

Now it is time for the other teams to guess. The next team in line will now try and guess which sentence in their story was the predetermined phrase and who wrote it. You will have only one opportunity to guess, so make it count. If you guess incorrectly - this includes 'which sentence' and/or 'who said it' - it is the next team's turn to guess.

SCORING:
The writing team gets:
- 5 tickets if none of the teams guess neither 'which sentence' nor 'who said it'.
- 3 tickets if either 'which sentence' or 'who said it' is guessed.
- 1 ticket if more than one guessing team is needed to find the correct answer.

These values are doubled if you used a 'zinger' phrase.

The guessing teams get:
- 5 tickets for guessing both 'which sentence' and 'who said it' correctly.
- 2 tickets for guessing only one part correctly.
- 2 tickets if the predetermined phrase was used incorrectly in the story.

DEADLINES:
The guessing teams have 24 hours to make their guesses. The first 24 hours will be dedicated to the first guessing team: if they guess incorrectly, the 24 hour timer on the second team's guessing time will begin.

ADDITIONAL RULES:
Your stories must be as coherent as possible with a clear narrative throughout, i.e. you are not allowed to simply post a bunch of random sentences.

You must use the predetermined phrase exactly as it is written, including any specific grammar and punctuation constraints used. For example, if the predetermined phrase is: 'What have you done?', you are not allowed to write, 'What've you done?!'. The only exception to this rule is that you are allowed to put the phrase into speech marks: "What have you done?".

EXAMPLE:
Garnet, Nayami and Vivialyn are on a team. I give them a choice of six phrases and they choose the phrase Look, a rainbow!. They decide that Nayami will be responsible for putting this phrase into her sentence, and that the writing order would be Garnet -> Vivialyn -> Nayami. Their story is as follows:

This morning I woke up to the sound of birds. I could hear the wind brushing through the leaves on the trees outside my bedroom window. I tried to stay in bed as long as I could, but to no avail.

My mother was playing music on the radio when I walked into the kitchen. She turned around and gave me a big smile. She pointed over at the table where she had laid a plate of waffles for breakfast.

Glancing at the clock I noticed the time. I was going to be late for school! I ate the waffles in record time and darted out of the door.

I met my friend at the bus stop and she waved at me as I approached her. It was raining and she offered me some room under her umbrella. We exchanged small talk.

Shielding my eyes from the rain, I looked up into the sky. The sun was still shining. "Look, a rainbow!"

My friend looked up and laughed. She whipped out her phone and tried to take a picture. Then she showed me and I smiled.

The guessing teams would now have to guess which sentence was the predetermined phrase and say who wrote it. The correct answer would be: Look, a rainbow! was written by Nayami.

---

Be creative and have fun! If there are any questions, feel free to PM me. Post below if you would like to sign up.

Players:

1. v-v-v-Vivialyn
2. Valk

---

Dylan

Back to top Go down

Fabrication Empty Re: Fabrication

Post by vivialyn14 Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:42 pm

S-s-s-sign me up!
vivialyn14
vivialyn14

Back to top Go down